Saturday, March 31, 2018

Fun on Bainbridge Island


Hi All,

As some of you know I have been staying in AirBNB's for the last four months in various spots around Seattle. The idea behind doing this has been to find a place for Lisa and I to buy a house. Any of you that know us are aware that we have a complex set of requirements for a new home. On a weekend trip to Bainbridge Island we decided that it would be a good place for us to look. So I found an AirBNB on the island and began to take in the islands charms. In fairly short order I fell in love with the island and its charms. I was lucky enough to find a great host and a near perfect location! My morning starts off with a 15 minute walk to the ferry, a short ride to downtown Seattle and a walk to the office. The evening is when things shined for me. Reverse the commute, with a short detour to the Town & Country market a family owned grocery store that puts Whole Foods to shame, a quick stop in the wine store, and a short walk to Kell's place. I usually see a couple of deer on the walk. I have been living there, but I think it is also a great vacation spot, quiet, hiking and outdoor activities, nice people, shops, restaurants, a short ferry ride to Seattle and all it has to offer. If you are thinking of visiting Bainbridge I would highly recommend staying at Kell's Place On Bainbridge Island, he has both a Studio and a Two Bedroom Apartment. Both are very reasonable priced (much cheaper than hotel). So we ended up buying a house just up the street from Kell. Here are two of my friends that I see on the walk home most nights.






No comments: